Writing for Us
Write for us – The Web Marketing Experts. Do you have tips and information about web design, SEO, social media and other website marketing practices to share? We’re accepting guest submissions from qualified writers about these and any emerging web marketing trends.
Drive Traffic to Your Site While Educating Our Readers
We’re looking for bloggers and authors who have and run websites of their own to share practical web marketing tips and trends as well as the latest news with our large subscriber base and regular readers. Lay your knowledge out in a well-written post and submit it to us for review. Make sure to include at least one, but no more than two, links of your own in a short bio at the end of your article.
If our editors accept your post for publication, we’ll make sure it goes live in no time; so everyone can read about the latest solutions from your unique perspective. If you write it in your own authentic voice and style, people will visit your website just to see more of the person behind the words — you.
What’s the catch?
You must follow our guest submission guidelines. If you don’t, we’ll send your article back in an email with a note about why our editors rejected it. In some cases, you may just need to resubmit your post with revisions for a second-chance editorial review.
Guest Submission Guidelines
Do these things:
- Write the article about a topic related to web marketing – either directly or indirectly
- Post length of at least 450 words, but not more than 650
- Use subtitles to break up the post – yes, even short posts need subtitles
- Write the post in active voice. Our editors will not revise passive voice posts for you. (This is the most important guideline – please follow it)
- Write directly to the reader
- Submit fresh, never published, original posts
Give proper credit for any quotes and paraphrases you include
- Include a short author bio (3 to 5 lines) with at least one, but no more than two appropriate links
- Check your post for mechanical errors and other mistakes before submitting
- Answer each reader comment on your post within 24 hours
- Promote your published submission to friends and followers on social media. We’ll do the same
Do not do these things:
- We will not publish any article, post, or story written in passive voice
- Don’t write about an unrelated topic (i.e. online dating, your pony, the election)
- Don’t submit content already published elsewhere. We’ll find out. Just don’t
- Don’t plagiarize the work of others and try to pass it off as your own. Even paraphrasing the work of another (so it sounds different) is still stealing
- Don’t get all depressed if our editors reject your post. Fix the problems and try again
- Don’t forget to promote your published submission to your friends and followers.
It’s a privilege to write an article for another site and see it published there with your byline and smarts displayed for all to enjoy. But – it’s not a right. We reserve the right to choose which posts to publish. And even if you followed all the guidelines, your post may not go up for any number of reasons. We’ll let you know what’s going on until the reviewing editor makes a final decision about publishing your piece.
Say your piece. Write your reasons. Type your tips. It’s all good – if it’s active voice.